Please read these instructions to assist you in the installation, operation and maintenance of this product.
AK REELS are spring driven, auto rewind reels built using the highest quality materials. Each reel (except RC3000) are supplied standard with a Locking Ratchet to hold the desired length of hose.
Note: Reels Installed above 2 Metres (6' 6") must be mounted with the mouthpiece facing down.
1. You will need a set of appropriate mounting hardware; 4 (four) 8mm bolts or coach bolts, washers and nuts per reel.
2. Attach the Mounting Bracket (posts are to point up) to the wall/post using the mounting hardware. Secure and tighten all bolts and nuts.
3. If desired, install the handle to the reel using the 2 (two) 40mm screws supplied. Slide the hose reel onto the mounting bracket and secure with the safety pin.
4. Flush some product through the system before connecting inlet hose to the source.
5. Apply thread sealant to the inlet hose threads and connect the end to reel inlet. Connect the other end to the supply line.
6. Flush some product through the system and reel before connecting outlet nozzle, gun or tool.
7. Apply thread sealant to outer hose fitting. Connect outlet nozzle, gun or tool. Check system for leaks, and hose reel for correct operation (see "Operation").
8. If hose stopper adjustment is required, latch the hose at approximately the required length, loosen stopper screws, move stopper to the desired position and re-tighten stopper screws. Unlatch the hose.
1. Check the reel for correct operation by slowly pulling out the hose. A "clicking" noise will be heard after each half revolution of the drum.
2. TO LATCH the reel, pull out the hose and allow it to retract after the first, second or third "click" is heard.
3. TO UNLATCH, slowly pull the hose until the "clicking" noise stops, then alow the hose to retract. The hose stopper should rest against the hose guide.
DO NOT ALLOW THE HOSE TO RETRACT WITHOUT RESTRAINING RECOIL SPEED.
NEVER LET GO OF THE END OF THE HOSE WHEN IT IS REWINDING.
4. Periodically check the hose for wear, and the swivel for possible leaks.